Web Hosting Backup Schedule
With immediate effect, we have improved the schedule for shared hosting offsite data backups as follows:
- All MySQL Databases are backed up daily.
We keep daily, weekly, monthly and annual backups of all shared hosting MySQL Databases both locally and offsite.
- vSites on DC1 and DC2 are backed-up on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
All tarballs of backups are kept locally and offsite and are subject to retention of 6 months*.
- vSites on DC3, Bunker and SNAC are backed-up daily.
All tarballs of backups are kept locally and offsite and are subject to retention of 12 months*.
- All backups run between 02.00 and 07.00hrs.
- Backup images and tarballs are FULL, not differential or incremental.
* In reality, we store backups indefinitely on archive drives, however it is not possible to access or verify the integrity this data easily, as they're locked away offsite and offline.
Please note: This schedule applies to shared Unix/Linux/BSD hosting platform and fully managed servers only. Co-lo, racks and datacages are not our responsibility :-)